Parts of SpeechAdd to favorites tutorial Add to favorites tutorialLearn about the eight parts of speech which are verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections. Worksheets, Lessons, Quizzes, Videos and more
- 8 Parts of Speech
- Test Your Current Knowledge
- Parts of Speech Assessments / Tests
The eight parts of speech are verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections. Daily Grammar provides excellent definitions for the 8 parts of speech. See definitions below…
- Verbs show action or state of being.
- Examples: is, have been, walk, talk, think, believe, live, like, want
- Nouns are the names of persons, places or things
- Examples: cowboy, theatre, box, thought, tree, kindness, arrival
- Pronouns take the place of nouns.
- Examples: I, you, he, she, it, we, they
- Adjectives modify nouns or pronouns and tell which, whose, what kind, and how many.
- Example: four, this, mine, big, yellow, thin, amazing, beautiful, quick, important
- Adverbs modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs and tell how, when, where, and how much.
- Examples: slowly, intelligently, well, yesterday, tomorrow, here, everywhere
- Prepositions must have an object and show a relationship between its object and some other word in the sentence.
- Examples: on, in, by, with, under, through, at
- Conjunctions join words, phrases, and clauses.
- Examples: but, so, and, because, or
- Interjections show feeling and are punctuated with either a comma or an exclamation point.
- Examples: Ouch!, Hello!, Hurray!, Oh no!, Ha!
LESSONS / RULESParts of Speech Definition of basic sentence parts The Order of Operations – Slide Show Study Zone Resources: Pete’s PPP: Grammar Worksheets Parts of Speech Worksheets Generator EZ School Parts of Speech Worksheets
LEARN ABOUT NOUNS: Brainpop – Nouns Video (01:59) (must be subscriber to watch) Nouns, proper nouns, plural nouns, and what they refer to. Quiz | Activity | FYI | Experiment | Q&A WORKSHEETS: EZ School Noun Worksheet Sinular to Plural Noun Checker Worksheet Works Noun Worksheet generator ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE Nouns Worksheets This section contains printable worksheets on nouns.http://eslus.com/LESSONS/GRAMMAR/POS/pos2.htm#Pop%20Quiz%201 PLURAL NOUNS: Plural: Adding “s” or “es” activity All about nouns, with a quiz and game
ADJECTIVES Brainpop Video – Adjectives (02:36) See how adjectives tell us more about nouns. Quiz | Activity | FYI | Q&A VIDEO Superlative Adjectives Video WORKSHEETS Adjective Interactive Worksheet Works Adjective Worksheet Generator EZ School Adjectives & Adverb Worksheet ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE Adjectives Worksheets This section contains printable worksheets on adjectives. Identifying Adjectives Worksheet Explanation, examples, and practice identifying adjectives in sentences. Identifying Adjectives Worksheet Answers Answers to the Identifying Adjectives worksheet Order of Adjectives Worksheet Explanation, examples, and practice putting adjectives in the correct order. Comparative Adjectives Worksheet Explanation, examples, and practice using comparative adjectives in sentences. Comparative Adjectives Worksheet Answers Answers to the Comparative Adjectives worksheet Superlative Adjectives Worksheet Explanation, examples, and practice using superlative adjectives in sentences. Superlative Adjectives Worksheet Answers Answers to the Superlative Adjectives Worksheet.
ADVERBS Lesson- Videos Adverb Video Lesson– click play Brainpop Video – Adverbs (03:52) These words can describe verbs, adjectives, other adverbs, nouns, and even whole sentences. Quiz | Activity | FYI | Q&A WORKSHEETS EZ School Adjectives & Adverb Worksheets Worksheet Works Adverb Worksheet Generator ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE Adverbs Worksheets This section contains printable worksheets on adverbs.
Conjunctions Conjunctions (04:30) Either you learn about conjunctions, or you won’t get any pudding! Quiz | Activity | FYI | Q&A WORKSHEETS ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE Conjunctions Worksheets This section contains printable worksheets on conjunctions.
INTERJECTIONS Brainpop Interjections (01:56) – Video Learn what interjections are, and how they are used in writing and speech! Quiz | Activity | FYI | Experiment | Time Line | Q&A WORKSHEETS ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE Interjections Worksheets This section contains printable worksheets on interjections.
(1376) Page Views