Spelling ListsAdd to favorites tutorial Add to favorites tutorial
Learning New Spelling Words: Students should have a new Spelling Word list of 20 words every week to study the spelling & definition. Exercises:
- Day 1: Use each Spelling Word in a Sentence (students are forced to look up each word they do not know in a dictionary & use it properly in a sentence.)
- Day 2: Look up each Spelling Word in a Thesaurus to find a word that could replace it. (this will help students see the relationship & similarities with other words, giving them a deeper understanding of the word)
- Day 3: Write each Spelling Word in ABC Order (This will help with learning to spell. Students should have two columns.)
- Day 4: Spelling Words 3x’s Each & Study words for tomorrow’s test.
- Day 5: Spelling Test & Possible Vocabulary Test also
PLAY A GAME WITH YOUR SPELLING LIST: Spelling List Games- KidsSpell.com – Select a spelling list or create your own. Once created or chosen. Click the button “Select spelling list” below your spelling words. Then, choose a game to load your spelling list on.
- Spelling Word lists can come from misspelled words by the student or from their reading assignments.
- Reading or Studying chapters from the Scriptures can prove to have a good amount of potential Spelling Words –
(1535) Page Views